- The venue is situated outside the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Wimbledon.
- The nearest mainline station is Wimbledon.
- The nearest underground station is Wimbledon.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located on Windmill Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 370cm x 470cm (12ft 2in x 15ft 5in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Cars are parked on a surface of compact mud and gravel, but the walking and driving areas are tarmac.
Access Point (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the access point located in the car park, leading to the surrounding park.
- There is an information board/map at this access point.
- There is step-free access at this access point.
- There is no gate at this access point.
- There are a variety of access points to the park from the car park, as shown in the pictures. The access is generally level, though surfaces can be slightly uneven.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have compact earth, gravel and muddy surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are moderate, steep and slight slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the car park.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left of the car park gates, through an opening in the holly hedge.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the rangers' office.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 248cm x 280cm (8ft 2in x 9ft 2in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and clinical waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the toilet block next to the car park.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels in the female toilets are moderate to good.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the toilet block next to the car park.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the male toilet(s).
- Lighting levels in the male toilets are moderate to good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the male toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Level Change (Male Toilets)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located at the entrance to the toilet.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- Lighting levels at the steps are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.