- Related link Emirates Air Line site.
- Related link Emirates Air-line (Cable Car) Greenwich Peninsula.
- The Emirates Air Line cable car crosses the river Thames from Royal Docks in Newham to the Greenwich peninsula.
- The Greenwich terminal is identical to the Royal Docks building.
- Before 09:00 the journey takes 5 minutes.
- After 09:00 the journey is slowed to 10 minutes to increase viewing time.
- During the Winter timetable (October - March) the cable car and ticket office close an hour earlier everyday.
- Monday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 07:00 - 21:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 21:00.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Royal Docks.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Royal Victoria DLR Station.
- The nearest underground station is Canning Town/ North Greenwich (Jubilee Line).
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Royal Victoria Car Park.
- The car park is located off Western Gateway, after the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Public Car Parks.
- Car park websitehttp://www.excel-london.co.uk/visiting-excel/travel-guide/travel-by-road/.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Counter (Ticket Office)
- There is level access to the counter from the entrance.
- There is not a lowered section.
- The height of the counter is medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The ticket office is on the outside before the building entrance.
- Self service ticket machines are available and there is always a member of staff to assist if the ticket office is closed.
- Oyster cards can be used on the cable car.
- Monday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 20:00.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the left side of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 300cm (9ft 10in) wide.
- There are ticket barriers 20m after the main entrance.
- All the barriers are 100cm wide.
- There are identical barriers on leaving the station.
- There is always a member of staff at the ticket barriers.
Level Change (Access to Boarding Platform)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located to the left after the ticket barriers.
- There is / are 15+ step(s) to the area / service.
- The lighting levels at the steps are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a standard and / or platform lift to access this service.
- The lift does bypass the steps.
Lift (Access to Boarding Platform)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left after the ticket barriers.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-Platform.
- The lift is 3m (3yd 10in) from the ticket barriers.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 95cm x 200cm (3ft 1in x 6ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There is an identical lift on the opposite side of the building to exit.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is seating with armrests available on the boarding platform level.
Cable Car Cabins
- From the boarding platform there is level access into the cable car cabin.
- The cabin doors open automatically to 78cm wide.
- Cabins arrive every 30 seconds.
- The cabins can be slowed to creep speed or totally stopped to enable passengers with mobility difficulties to board.
- There are always staff on the platform to assist.
- Each cabin can hold up to 10 passengers.
- The seats on each side can be folded up to accommodate wheelchairs, mobility scooters, cycles and large pushchairs.
- Unless both seats are folded up, wheelchair users will need to reverse in or out of the cabin.
- There is a maximum of 2 wheelchairs / mobility scooters per cabin depending on size.
- The maximum size is 70 x 130cm.
- There are markings on the paving outside the ticket office to check sizes.
- There is a maximum 300kg combined weight of wheelchair and user.
- The terminal at the other end is automatically alerted to passengers who may need assistance to disembark.
- There is an intercom connected to the control room in each cabin.
- An audio-visual commentary plays in each cabin.
- This can be turned off by staff before departure if not required.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.