- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Peckham Rye / Queens Road Peckham.
- The nearest underground station is Oval.
- The information in this section was taken in July 2021.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 80cm.
- The height of the hand sanitisers range between 80cm and 110cm.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There are hand sanitisers available throughout the library.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is not clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 240cm x 470cm (7ft 10in x 15ft 5in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located Gordon Road.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is unmarked and undesignated on street parking located in front of the library.
- This parking is unrestricted.
- The surface of the approach is tarmac and block paving.
- The approach surface is uneven in places.
- There is a ramp/slope on the approach.
- There is a ramp with a very easy incline.
- The ramp/slope is permanent, has a slight gradient and has a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is a/are step(s) on the approach.
- There is/are 2 clearly marked step(s), with handrails on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 16cm.
- The depth of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
Entrance (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 120cm.
- There is an arch after the main entrance. There are security barriers located here with an access width of 100cm (see photographs 3 and 4).
- The desk/counter is 12m (13yd 4in) from the Main Entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The floor is slightly uneven in places.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes JAWS and Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large rollerball mouse is / are available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 21m (22yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 173cm x 234cm (5ft 8in x 7ft 8in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 106cm (3ft 6in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 77cm (2ft 6in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.