Show Easy Read
- The total distance of the route is approximately 215M.
Turn Right and continue for 35m until you reach Kingsway
- Turn right and continue until you reach Kingsway. This will involve heading around the corner of Aldwych and onto Kingsway.
- The surface of the pavement is block paving and there is a slight uphill gradient.
- As you head around the corner you will encounter a large grouping of manhole covers to the left of the pavement.
Head Along Kingsway for 80m until you reach Portugal Street
- The surface of the road is block paving, with a stretch of concrete next to the buildings.
- There are occasional manhole covers along the pavement.
- There is a slight uphill gradient along Kingsway as well as a slight gradient heading downhill towards the road.
- As you reach Portugal Street, there is a patch of brick block paving and patches of concrete, as shown in photograph 3.
- As you reach the corner of Portugal Street, you will find the entrance to 20 Kingsway to your right, as shown in photograph 4.
Cross Portugal Street
- There are drop kerbs with tactile paving on either side of the road.
- The surface of the road is brick block paving with manhole covers.
Head Along Kingsway for 85m until you reach Sardinia Street
- The surface of the road is block paving with a stretch of concrete next to the buildings.
- There is the occasional manhole cover along the pavement.
- There is a slight uphill gradient as you proceed.
- There is also a slight downhill gradient towards Kingsway
- There is a section of brick block paving as you reach Sardinia Street.
Cross Sardinia Street
- There are tactile block paved drop kerbs on either side of the road.
- The surface of the road is tarmac with a camber in the middle.
- Traffic approaches the crossing from both directions.
Continue for 15m to the Main Entrance
- The surface of the road is block paving with the occasional manhole cover.
- There is a slight uphill gradient along Kingsway as well as a slight gradient downhill to the road.
- After approximately 15m turn right to reach the New Academic Building.