Show Easy Read
- This route plan covers the journey from 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields to the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre. The journey is approximately 235 metres. For those without mobility difficulties it may take about 3 minutes to walk.
Start from 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields
- There are two entrances into this building.
- The easiest route to the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre is via Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- When exiting the building, use the entrance that leads onto Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- Upon exiting the forecourt there is a small section of concrete followed by a small section of cobbled paving.
Walk to the end of the forecourt and turn left
- Immediately after the entrance there is a level forecourt leading to Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- At the end of the forecourt there is a drive way consisting of cobbled paving.
- As you reach the cobbled paving turn left and continue down the path.
Continue 150m down Lincoln's Inn Fields
- There are a total of 7 vehicle access driveways along this path.
- They all consist of cobbled paving and are level with the path.
- None of them have tactile paving on either side.
- Due to construction work being undertaken at the time of survey the pavements width is reduced.
- Also due to the presence of obstacles it is reduced once to 125cm and later to 111cm.
- As you approach Portugal Street there is tactile paving to the right of the pavement.
- Followed by two separate lamp posts.
- There are also manhole covers just before reaching the drop kerb to cross Portugal Street.
Continue ahead to the Portugal Street junction and turn left immediately after crossing
- There is no zebra crossing at Portugal Street, take care when crossing here.
- The path is level with the road but there is no tactile paving on either side.
- As you turn left after crossing there is a narrow section of path due to a lamp post.
- Continue ahead down Portugal Street towards the student union shop. The surface of the pavement here is block paving with the occasional manhole cover and there are slight gradients downhill and towards the road.
- There is a lamp post leaving a width of 15cm between it and the nearest building and later there is another lamp post restricting the width of the pavement to 125cm.
After 50 metres turn right into the Sheffield Street pedestrianised area
- The path is level and wide at this section of the route.
- There is bench seating available within the pedestrianised area.
- The surface of the area is block paving with the occasional manhole cover.
After 20 metres the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre entrance is to the right
- The entrance to the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre Building is located beneath a large canopy.