- Services / facilities within the building include staff offices for the department of international development, the justice and security research programme, and the civil society and human security research unit.
- Related link George IV.
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The nearest on street disabled bays are located on Portugal Street opposite the George IV Pub.
- Please see the relevant guide for further details.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The card reader/lock is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 53cm (1ft 9in).
Second Set of Doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 121cm (3ft 12in).
- The step(s) is / are located in front of and immediately beyond the entrance.
- There is / are 6 step(s) to access the entrance.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is / are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- The first 3 steps are in front on the first set of doors.
- The second 3 steps are internal and between the first and second set of doors.
- There is step free access throughout the ground floor.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is clearly written and pictorial directional signage at key points of circulation routes.
- There is some flooring in corridors with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2-3.
- Wall mounted information boards are provided at lift landings.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the lift lobby from the first floor upwards.
- The lift is approximately 4m (4yd 1ft) from the stairs.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 62cm (2ft).
- The lift door opens by sliding and is heavy.
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 105cm (2ft 11in x 3ft 5in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are not within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lowest control button is 140cm high.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell from the first floor upwards.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location of Standard Toilet(s)
- There are shared standard toilets facilities on the first floor.
- There are female standard toilets facilities on the third floor.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A shared standard toilet was surveyed.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 2m from the stairs.
- There is not a/are not cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.