- Services / facilities within the building include student union shops, the departments of statistics, geography, international relations, international history, the neurodiversity service, health and social care, LSE health, Communications Division, LSE unison branch, HR and staff offices.
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and/or marked on street Blue Badge parking bays are available (within approximately 50m of the building).
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 190cm x 600cm (6ft 3in x 19ft 8in).
- The on street Blue Badge parking bay(s) is/are located on Portugal Street.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 190cm x 600cm (6ft 3in x 19ft 8in).
- The on street standard parking bay(s) is/are located on Portugal Street.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The card reader/lock is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a / are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to access the entrance.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There are 2 similar entrances located either side of the main entrance that access the LSE Students' Union Shop (as shown in photographs 2 and 3).
- Both are 93cm wide and have a small lip on the threshold of the entrances.
- There is also step free access into the right side shop via a 79cm door with a moderate ramp at the rear of the building next to 1 Portsmouth Street (as shown in photographs 5 and 6).
LSE Students' Union Shop
- The shop is split into two sides. The right side contains stationary, food and drinks (as shown in photographs 1, 2, 3 and 4).
- The left side contains LSE branded clothing and accessories.
- The counter in the right side shop is 109cm high with no lowered section.
- The counter in the left side shop is 107cm high with no lowered section.
- Within the right side shop there is a platform lift that provides access to the basement level of Lincolns Chambers (as shown in photograph 5).
- This lift however, is not for student use and is used as a goods lift to bring stock up to the shop from the basement.
- There is/are 1 clearly marked step(s), with no handrails, for access to Kings Chambers on the third floor.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- This level change is shown in photograph 1. There is a narrow sky bridge between this building and Kings Chambers following the step.
- There is/are 2 clearly marked step(s), with no handrails, for access to Kings Chambers on the second floor.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- This level change is shown in photograph 2.
- There is a steep ramp, with no handrails, for access to Portsmouth Street on the third floor.
- The width of the ramp is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- This level change is shown in photograph 3.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is clearly written directional signage at key points of circulation routes.
- There is some flooring in corridors with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in the majority of corridors.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a link on the second floor to Kings Chambers.
- There are links on the third floor to Kings Chambers, Sheffield Street and Portsmouth Street.
- There are 7 clearly marked deep steps with handrails on the left hand side on the corridor link between this building and Sheffield Street (as shown in photograph 4).
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B-G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location of Standard Toilet(s)
- There are male and female standard toilets facilities on the second floor.
- There are male standard toilets facilities on the third floor.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A male standard toilet was surveyed.
- The toilet surveyed is located on the second floor.
- There is a female standard toilet in the same location.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 2m from the stairs.
- There is not a/are not cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.