- Services / facilities within the building include a cafe serving hot and cold light refreshments.
- Please note that there are no toilets in this cafe.
- Monday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The cafe is open during term time only.
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and/or marked on street Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 200cm x 500cm (6ft 7in x 16ft 5in).
- The on street Blue Badge parking bay(s) is/are located on Portugal Street.
- Clearly signed and/or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 200cm x 450cm (6ft 7in x 14ft 9in).
- The on street standard parking bay(s) is/are located on Portugal Street.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
John Watkins Plaza
- John Watkins Plaza is an outside social and meeting area, bordered by the Lionel Robins Building, the Plaza Café and the rear of Cowdray House.
- It has a block paving surface, with an easy slope leading up to the Lionel Robins Building and the Plaza Café. There are also up to 3 medium unmarked steps leading up to the cafe level on that side of the plaza (shown in photograph 2) with tactile paving at the top and bottom. There are handrails on the steps at the far end from the café (shown in photograph 3).
- Tables and seating are normally located on the Plaza close to the café.
- Access to the plaza from Portugal Street is via a slight slope with no handrails (shown in photograph 4).
- There is a steep slope with handrails both sides linking the plaza with the Centre Building Courtyard (photographs 5 and 6). There are bollards at bottom of this ramp, making access to the ramp between 122 and 145cm wide (photograph 6).
- There are also 8 medium unmarked steps with no handrails leading up from the Centre Building Square to the café level of the Plaza (photograph 7).
- Photograph 8 shows the Centre Building Courtyard.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, in the far corner of the John Watkins Plaza.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are not doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is not clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is poor colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a seating area outside the front of the cafe.
- The seating in this area has armrests.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 1m (3ft 3in) from the cafe entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 67cm (2ft 2in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- There is not ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold snacks.
- There is seating outside the cafe.
- The outdoor seating has armrests and has enough space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre (as shown in photograph 4).
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The nearest accessible toilets are located in the Lionel Robbins Building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are located in the Lionel Robbins Building.