- This route plan covers the journey from 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields to the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre. The journey is approximately 235 metres.
Start from 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields
- There are two entrances into this building.
- The easiest route to the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre is via Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- When exiting the building, use the entrance that leads onto Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- Upon exiting the forecourt there is a small section of concrete followed by a small section of cobbled paving.
Walk to the end of the forecourt and turn left
- Immediately after the entrance there is a level forecourt leading to Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- At the end of the forecourt there is a driveway consisting of cobbled paving.
- As you reach the cobbled paving turn left and continue down the path.
Continue 150m down Lincoln's Inn Fields
- There are a total of 7 vehicle access driveways along this path.
- They all consist of cobbled paving and are level with the path.
- None of them have tactile paving on either side.
- Due to construction work being undertaken at the time of survey the pavements width is reduced.
- Also due to the presence of obstacles it is reduced once to 125cm and later to 111cm.
- As you approach Portugal Street there is tactile paving to the right of the pavement.
- Followed by two separate lampposts.
- There are also manhole covers just before reaching the drop kerb to cross Portugal Street.
Continue ahead to the Portugal Street junction and turn left immediately after crossing
- There is no zebra crossing at Portugal Street, take care when crossing here.
- The path is level with the road but there is no tactile paving on either side.
- As you turn left after crossing there is a narrow section of path due to a lamppost.
- Continue ahead down Portugal Street towards the student union shop. Due to construction at time of survey, the pavement is narrowed to a width of 163cm. The surface of the pavement here is block paving with the occasional manhole cover and there are slight gradients downhill and towards the road.
- There is a lamppost restricting the width of the pavement to 125cm.
After 50 metres turn right into the Sheffield Street pedestrianised area
- The path is level and wide at this section of the route.
- There is bench seating available within the pedestrianised area.
- The surface of the area is block paving with the occasional manhole cover.
After 20 metres the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre entrance is to the right
- The entrance to the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre Building is located beneath a large canopy.