- This route plan covers the journey from the New Academic Building to 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields.
- The journey is approximately 200 metres.
Forecourt onto Lincoln's Inn Fields
- Exit the building onto the forecourt, as shown in photograph 2.
- Continue ahead for 12 metres for level access onto Lincoln's Inn Fields (as shown in photograph 4).
- The bollards located here have a width of at least 166cm between them.
- Alternatively, turn right on exiting and continue for 20 metres towards the 3 clearly marked medium steps (as shown in photograph 5) via the benched seating area (as shown in photograph 3).
- The steps also have tactile paving at the top as well as handrails on both sides.
Cross Lincoln's Inn Fields towards central square
- Turn right off the forecourt and continue for 15 metres towards the Lincoln's Inn Fields crossing (via level access route).
- The pavement as you head towards the crossing is block paved with the occasional manhole cover and an easy slope heading down towards the road.
- There is also a downhill gradient.
- Alternatively, continue ahead for 2 metres towards the Lincoln's Inn Fields crossing (via stepped route).
- There is tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
- The path is level with the road on both sides of the crossing, as shown in photograph 2.
Turn Right, after 10 metres cross Lincolns Inn Fields
- Before reaching the crossing the surface of the pavement is concrete.
- Due to construction at time of survey, the tactile crossing point is obstructed, however level curb continues to the right of the original crossing.
- The path at this section of the route is mostly even.
- The path on the far side of the crossing has a slight downward slope onto the level curb path.
- Be wary of traffic when crossing.
Turn Left and continue along Lincoln's Inn Fields
- There are a total of 8 vehicle access driveways along this section of the route which are similar, as shown in photographs 2, 6 and 8.
- All of the driveways consist of brick block paving, which can be uneven in places, and are level with the path on both sides. None of the driveways have tactile paving on either side.
- The path at this section of the route (between the driveways) is mostly even and consists of paving slabs.
- Due to construction work the width of the pavement widths narrow down to 160cm, 142cm and then 113cm within the first 70m along path. Due to the presence of lampposts and other obstacles the width is further reduced to 111cm and later 125cm at two separate points.
- Due to construction, the pavement may be temporarily closed for a short period of time. If this is the case, please speak to a member of the construction team who will inform the supervisor at the site, who can then temporarily close the road from vehicle access and allow a wheelchair user to use the road to pass the construction pavement closure safely.
After 145 metres turn right towards 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields
- The forecourt area of 32 Lincoln's Inn Fields can only be accessed via the driveway shown in photograph 1.
- The driveway consists of block paving and is level with the road on both sides.
- Having accessed the forecourt, continue ahead for 10 metres towards the entrance.
- The forecourt is even and has a concrete surface.