- Services / facilities within the building include staff offices for the departments of international relations and anthropology, the European institute, LSE health and social care, social policy, the LSE public policy group, and meeting rooms.
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and/or marked on street Blue Badge parking bays are available (within approximately 50m of the building).
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 190cm x 600cm (6ft 3in x 19ft 8in).
- The on street Blue Badge parking bay(s) is/are located on Portugal Street.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 190cm x 600cm (6ft 3in x 19ft 8in).
- The on street standard parking bay(s) is/are located on Portugal Street.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The card reader/lock is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a / are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 3 step(s) to access the entrance.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- The entrance leads into the ground floor mezzanine.
- There is/are 7 clearly marked step(s), with a handrail on the left going up, for access to Lincolns Chambers third floor.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There is clear signage for building facilities/areas in the foyer/reception area.
- There is clearly written directional signage at key points of circulation routes.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- This building does not play background music.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is a link to the third floor of Lincolns Chambers on the 4th floor of this building.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead as you enter, down 5 steps.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are B-G-1-2-3.
- Wall mounted information boards are provided at lift landings.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 62cm (2ft).
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 90cm (2ft 11in x 2ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The lift was not working at the time of surveying.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B-G-MG-1-2-3-4-5.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell on the fourth floor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location of Standard Toilet(s)
- There are shared standard toilets facilities on the ground floor, the first floor, the second floor, the third floor and the fourth floor.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A shared standard toilet was surveyed.
- The toilet surveyed is located on the ground floor.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 3m from the stairs.
- There is not a/are not cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.