- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- An external queuing system is in place at Perry Library if the new building capacity reaches limit. In this situation a member of staff will stop students coming into building and manage the queue externally.
- Hand sanitisers and cleaning stations are available at building entrances, in all corridors, in offices and in classrooms.
- The number of students in classrooms has been limited.
- Directional signage and signage to assist with social distancing is in place.
- Protective screens have been added to receptions and service desks.
- Lifts are limited to one person only.
- The NHS track and trace poster is now displayed in tenanted buildings.
- The SafeZone app for LSBU IT account holders has been introduced.
- University users are advised to wear face masks/coverings.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include a fitness suite, male and female changing rooms with standard showers and toilets.
- Lecture Hall 2 is located at the front of the campus next to the main building.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Romford.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Harold Wood.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Hornchurch.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 340cm x 450cm (11ft 2in x 14ft 9in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The designated parking bay has a block paved surface.
- The car park is barrier controlled.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm (5ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located in the building foyer.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 155cm x 245cm (5ft 1in x 8ft).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 145cm (4ft 9in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the building foyer.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do not receive Deaf Awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.