- Related link BR6 Restaurant.
- The Bakehouse is the coffee shop, bar, bakery and retail area attached to the BR6 restaurant.
- It is operated by LSEC Orpington students as part of their training.
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Orpington.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The nearest National Rail station is Orpington.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Staff, Visitors and Blue Badge Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located off Lych Gate Road, to the rear of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 370cm x 600cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 45m (49yd 8in) from the Tower Block entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 50m (54yd 2ft) from the Tower Block entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a barrier with intercom at the entrance to the car park for access to the car park.
- From the car park there are steep slopes on the approach to the buildings.
- There are 4 on-street Blue Badge parking bays and standard pay and display bays on Lych Gate Road.
- There are additional car parks in the Walnuts shopping centre and the adjacent supermarket.
Outside Access (Bakehouse Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located from the terrace facing the public square.
- There is step free access at this entrance, via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located from the public square leading up to the lift or steps to the terrace.
- The ramp or slope does not bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope gradient is easy.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a / are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located from the public square to the dining terrace and Bakehouse Entrance.
- There is / are 6 step(s) to access the entrance.
- The step(s) is / are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a lift to access this entrance.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
- The lift does not bypass the ramp.
- There is tactile paving at the bottom of the steps only.
- There is a second, identical entrance at the far end of the dining terrace, next to the BR6 Restaurant (photograph 7).
- There are six steps but no lift in this location.
- There is a level landing after the first step (photograph 8).
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe/bar.
- Full table service is available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the either of the Bakehouse entrances.
- The standard height for tables is 66cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is light meals and snacks.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the Bakehouse entrance nearest to the platform lift.
- This accessible toilet is located at the far end of the dining area, next to the bar or ahead from the steps/stair lift up from the BR6 dining room.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 135cm x 200cm (4ft 5in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- A folding, free-standing baby change table is stored in the toilet.
- The accessible toilet is for the use of all Bakehouse customers.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.