COVID-19 Information (Manchester Airport)
- The information in this section was taken in October 2021.
- Further information on terminal changes can be found here.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entry/exit points and key 'high touch' areas. These have been positioned so as to not impede general access around the site.
- Manchester Airport strongly recommends the wearing of face coverings at all times in the terminal building. This is in line with government guidance, which states that it expects and recommends face coverings to be worn on public transport and where crowds can gather. Many airlines are continuing to make face coverings mandatory, so passengers are advised to check with their carrier before flying.
- Signage is in place across the site to enforce the social distancing measures. This is supported by regular audio announcements.
- Protective screens have been installed at all counters where face to face transactions occur including the reception points for assistance, check-in, ticket desks and in retail outlets. In other areas such as security where this is not practical, the wearing of face coverings is mandatory.
- Toilets are available.
- From Monday 4 October, those who have been fully vaccinated will not need a pre-departure test before arriving into England from a non red list country. Later in October, fully vaccinated passengers will be able to take a lateral flow test instead of a day 2 PCR test.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- There are are two changing places at Manchester Airport - They are located in Terminal 2 - Post Duty Free and Terminal 3 - Upper Departures Area.
- For more information about Terminal 2 - Post Duty Free please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Terminal 3 - Upper Level Departures (opens in new tab).
Changing Places (Terminal 3 Upper Level Departures - Departure Gate 52)
Location and access
- The facility is located to the left past the bar/restaurant area, just beyond Gate 52.
- The facility is approximately 50m (54yd 2ft) from the main information boards.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- The dimensions of the facility are 305cm x 400cm (10ft x 13ft 1in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is free standing.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 180cm (5ft 11in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers all areas in cubicle.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook and loop.
- The facility toilet is peninsular.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 363cm (11ft 11in).
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Drop down rails are provided for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the drop down rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The type of wash basin is adjustable.
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available at the wash basin.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- A privacy screen is available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is available.
- A key code is required to access the changing place.
- A courtesy phone at an accessible height is available next to the changing place to call to obtain the number code.