COVID-19 Information (Manchester Airport)
- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The terminals remain open for business aligned to passenger schedules. However Terminals 2 and 3 have closed with all operations concentrated in Terminal 1. Further information on terminal changes can be found here.
- Some of the car products have paused trading due to the changes in terminal operations. At present this includes; Meet and Greet products in all terminals, Jet Parks products and the Terminal 2 car parking products.
- There have been no changes to the airports opening times.
- A small external queuing system exists for Terminal 1 A.
- To manage social distancing in the terminals, only travelling persons are permitted in terminal buildings.
- For guests requiring special assistance they may be assisted up to such a point where they have reported to ABM or proceeded through security having completed the check-in process.
- In Terminal 1 on the main departures level (A), access to the check-in hall is permitted only through Doors 2. Doors 1 & 3 are unavailable during this time.
Access into the terminal using the escalator from the Skylink us not available. Adjacent lifts/stairs should be used.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entry/exit points and key 'high touch' areas. These have been positioned so as to not impede general access around the site.
- General orientation around the buildings is unchanged with the exception of Terminal 1 check-in.
- Signage is in place across the site to enforce the social distancing measures. This is supported by regular audio announcements.
- Protective screens have been installed at all counters where face to face transactions occur including the reception points for assistance, check-in, ticket desks and in retail outlets. In other areas such as security where this is not practical, the wearing of face coverings is mandatory.
- Toilets are available.
- There have been no changes to the toileting facilities.
- The adult changing facility in Terminal 2 is currently closed due to the closure of the terminal.
- Additional Customer Service personnel have been added within the check-in halls to manage access control for travelling guests only.
- • From December 2020, COVID testing will be available to meet UK and foreign government requirements for travel to destinations which require evidence of a negative test for entry or to reduce quarantine periods. From 15th December 2020, passengers arriving in the UK will be able to reduce their quarantine period by taking a test five days after arrival and receiving a negative result.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include Greggs, the Spud Factory, Joe's Kitchen, Post Office, Travelex Foreign Exchange, Boots, WHSmith, Spar, The Aviation Shop, Voyager Arcade and Car Rental Courtesy Phones.
- Related link Terminal 1 Baggage Reclaim.
Outside Access (Jet Parks 3)
- This entrance is used by cars and the Airport Transfer Buses to access the car park.
- There is an help/assistance intercom located at the ticket barriers.
- The car parking is booked online at the Jet Parks Website.
- To view the Jet Parks website click here (opens in new tab)
- Jet Parks 3 Car Park is located on Styal Road.
- There are 88 designated parking bay(s) in the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) vary between 3.6m x 6m and 4.8m x 6m.
- The surface of the designated Blue Badge parking bays is tarmac.
- There are standard marked parking bays located throughout the car park.
- The surface of the standard marked parking bays is loose chippings.
- The surface is uneven in places.
- There are several bus stops located around the car park.
- The buses are wheelchair accessible.
- There is designated space for wheelchair users and pushchairs on the bus, and priority seating.
- Accessible toilet facilities are located in the terminal buildings.
- Standard toilet facilities are located in the terminal buildings.