COVID-19 Information (Manchester Airport)
- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- The terminals remain open for business aligned to passenger schedules. However Terminal 2 has closed with all operations concentrated in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. Further information on terminal changes can be found here.
- Some of the car products have paused trading due to the changes in terminal operations. At present this includes; Meet and Greet products in all terminals, Jet Parks products and the Terminal 2 car parking products. The airport have recently launched a Drop & Go car park product which serves Terminal 1 & 3.
- There have been no changes to the airports opening times.
- A small external queuing system exists for Terminal 1 A.
- To manage social distancing in the terminals, only travelling persons are permitted in terminal buildings.
- For guests requiring special assistance they may be assisted up to such a point where they have reported to ABM or proceeded through security having completed the check-in process.
- In Terminal 1 on the main departures level (A), access to the check-in hall is permitted only through Doors 2. Doors 1 & 3 are unavailable during this time.
Access into the terminal using the escalator from the Skylink us not available. Adjacent lifts/stairs should be used.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entry/exit points and key 'high touch' areas. These have been positioned so as to not impede general access around the site.
- General orientation around the buildings is unchanged with the exception of Terminal 1 check-in.
- Signage is in place across the site to enforce the social distancing measures. This is supported by regular audio announcements.
- Protective screens have been installed at all counters where face to face transactions occur including the reception points for assistance, check-in, ticket desks and in retail outlets. In other areas such as security where this is not practical, the wearing of face coverings is mandatory.
- Toilets are available.
- There have been no changes to the toileting facilities.
- The adult changing facility in Terminal 2 is currently closed due to the closure of the terminal.
- Additional Customer Service personnel have been added within the check-in halls to manage access control for travelling guests only.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include Greggs, the Spud Factory, Joe's Kitchen, Post Office, Travelex Foreign Exchange, Boots, WHSmith, Spar, The Aviation Shop, Voyager Arcade and Car Rental Courtesy Phones.
- Related link Terminal 1 Baggage Reclaim.
- Services/facilities within the venue include Short Stay parking, Premium Parking, Arrivals Pick Ups.
- For the Terminal 2 Departures Check-In DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- For the Terminal 2 Arrivals Hall DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
- For the Terminal 2 - Drop Off DisabledGo access guide please click here (new tab).
Outside Access (Multi Storey Car Park Vehicle Entrance)
Level Change (Level A Entrance)
Outside Access (Level D Entrance)
Level Change (Level D Entrance)
Level Change (Inside Access)
Assistance Point 24
Assistance Point 22
Lift Area Assistance Point
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located Terminal 2 Departures Check-In.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located Terminal 2 Departures Check-In.