Show Easy Read
- The racecourse is located on the edge of Market Rasen. There is a clear signage on the roads leading to the racecourse.
- There are 3 main raceday car parks for the County, Tattersalls and the Lawn enclosures. There are also 2 park and picnic car parks.
- For more information on driving to the racecourse please click here (opens new tab).
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- Buses run from both Lincoln and Grimsby however do not stop directly at the Racecourse. The route numbers can vary depending on when you are visiting the racecourse. Please double check this ahead of your trip.
- For more information on Stagecoach Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Market Rasen.
- Market Rasen has its own railway station which is approximately 1 mile from the racecourse. There are taxis available at the station.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For the racecourse map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
Outside Access (Victor Lucas Bar Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front and side of the venue.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right of the Victor Lucas Bar.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the Victor Lucas Bar.
- There is/are 3 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) has/have tactile paving at the top and bottom.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
Counter (Betting Counter - Victor Lucas Bar)
- The counter is located at the rear of the bar.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is high (110cm+).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The lowered section of the counter is not at the recommended height of 76cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the counter.
- The clear knee recess does not have the recommended dimensions of 70cm (height) x 50cm (depth).
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of flooring in this area is vinyl.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the bar.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- The height of the service counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is step-free access within the bar.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The type of flooring in this area is vinyl.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests on both sides.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m from the entrance/opening.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m from the till/counter.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 65cm.
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 109cm.
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic/takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- There are wall menus available.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located next to the Lawn Enclosure entrance.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located next to the Lawn Enclosure entrance.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around Market Rasen Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.