- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- To help keep all customers and colleagues well, stores have additional social distancing measures in place such as signage and floor markings.
- M&S hosts will welcome you on arrival and will carefully count the number of customers in-store using a market-leading app to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Colleagues across stores have been provided with additional hygiene measures – from hand sanitisers to Perspex screen at till points – and extra cleaning is taking place to keep up the excellent standards for you and the teams.
- Toilets are available.
- A new Book & Shop tool enables Sparks Customers to book a shopping slot in advance to keep queues to a minimum and maintain a safe shopping environment for all customers.
- Opening times may be subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions. Latest opening time for stores can be found here.
- Marks and Spencer store opening times and services available link (new tab) - click here.
- The store is located on a main shopping street.
Public Transport and Parking
- There is a bus stop within approximately 150m of the store.
- The nearest train station is Manchester Piccadilly.
- The nearest tram station is Piccadilly Gardens.
- The store does not have its own car park.
- There is a public car park within approximately 200m of the store.
- The public parking facilities are located on New York Street.
- There is step free access on the approach to the store.
- The surface of the approach is concrete tiles, which is uneven in places.
- There are tram lines to cross, if approaching from the other side of the road (photograph 4).
- This information is for the entrance located on Parker Street.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- There is step free access throughout the store.
- The store does not play background music.
- There is a/are fixed hearing assistance system(s) in the store.
- The hearing assistance system(s) is/are located at the till/counter.
- There is not a cash machine in the store.
- Trolleys designed for the use of wheelchair users are available.
Order and Collect
- There is an Order and Collect service in the store.
- Customers can obtain online Order and Collect items from the till/counter.
- The Food Hall is located ahead as you enter the store.
- There is step free access to the Food Hall.
- The majority of aisles have a clear width of 100cm+ and are clear of obstructions.
- There is step free access throughout the Food Hall aisle(s).
- There is not a food information counter.
- There is a/are high activity till(s) and self service till(s) (Scott tills) in the Food Hall.
- The height of the high activity till(s) is/are 89cm.
- The height of the lowered section of the high activity till(s) is 60cm.
- There is not a self service till with a hearing assistance system.
- Staff can provide assistance with using the self service till(s) (Scott tills).
- The height of the self-service touchscreens is 115cm - 140cm.
- There is not an accessible toilet in the store.
- There are no standard toilets in the store.
- Staff undertake regular internal awareness training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is a member of staff available to provide assistance.
- There is not a home delivery service available from the store.
Sunflower Lanyard Scheme
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.