- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- To help keep all customers and colleagues well, stores have additional social distancing measures in place such as signage and floor markings.
- M&S hosts will welcome you on arrival and will carefully count the number of customers in-store using a market-leading app to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Colleagues across stores have been provided with additional hygiene measures – from hand sanitisers to Perspex screen at till points – and extra cleaning is taking place to keep up the excellent standards for you and the teams.
- Toilets are available.
- A new Book & Shop tool enables Sparks Customers to book a shopping slot in advance to keep queues to a minimum and maintain a safe shopping environment for all customers.
- Opening times may be subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions. Latest opening time for stores can be found here.
- Marks and Spencer store opening times and services available link (new tab) - click here.
- The store is located within Tonbridge Retail Park.
- The details within this access guide relate to the Marks and Spencer store and not the retail park.
Public Transport and Parking
- There is not a bus stop within approximately 150m of the store.
- The nearest train station is Tonbridge.
- The store does not have its own car park.
- The store shares a car park/parking facilities.
- Clearly marked/signposted designated Blue Badge parking bays are available.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are not available.
- There is a dropped kerb from the car park to the store.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is step free access on the approach to the store.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
- The surface of the approach is block paving.
- There is a/are fixed bollard(s) on the approach to the store.
- There bollards are spaced 110cm apart and have visual identification bands.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the store.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a slope with a very easy incline.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double.
- The width of the door opening is 220cm (7ft 3in).
- There is a second set of doors at this entrance.
- The second set of doors open automatically.
- The second set of doors are double.
- The width of the door opening is 156cm (5ft 1in).
- The second set of automatic doors has an identical one opposite it (one to the left for entering and one to the right for exiting from the checkout area).
- There is step free access throughout the store.
- There is flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The store does not play background music.
- The hearing assistance system(s) is/are located at the Food Hall payment till(s).
- There is not a cash machine in the store.
- There is a/are wheelchair(s) available to borrow.
- Trolleys designed for the use of wheelchair users are available.
Order and Collect
- There is an Order and Collect service in the store.
- Customers can obtain online Order and Collect items from the food information counter.
- There is step free access to the Order and Collect counter.
- There is a clear accessible route to the Order and Collect counter.
- The Order and Collect counter is approximately 40m from the main entrance.
- The height of the Order and Collect counter is 114cm.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The Click and collect is a touch screen (114-170cm high) which has no counter.
- The Food Hall is located ahead as you enter.
- There is step free access to the Food Hall.
- The majority of aisles have a clear width of 100cm+ and are clear of obstructions.
- There is step free access throughout the Food Hall aisle(s).
- There is not a food information counter.
- There is a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- There is a/are checkout(s) and self service till(s) (Scott tills) in the Food Hall.
- The height of the checkout(s) is/are 95cm.
- There is not a self service till with a hearing assistance system.
- Staff can provide assistance with using the self service till(s) (Scott tills).
- The induction loop is only on a self-service till (one on the far left as faced) with none on the staffed checkouts.
- The self-checkout tills have controls from 80-130cm and counter space for basket/ shopping from 50-65cm high.
- There is not an accessible toilet in the store.
- There are no standard toilets in the store.
- Staff undertake regular internal awareness training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- There is a member of staff available to provide assistance.
- There is not a home delivery service available from the store.
Sunflower Lanyard Scheme
- This store is part of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme.
- The Sunflower Lanyard Scheme helps people with hidden disabilities which aren’t always obvious – such as autism, dementia and visual or hearing impairments.