- Services / facilities within the grounds include Cafe, shop, four lakes, play area, campsite, conversation area and picnic area.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Emberton.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Milton Keynes Central.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Opening Times (Gatehouse - 1st April to 31st October)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
Opening Times (Gatehouse - 1st November to 31st march)
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday Closed.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday 10:00 - 14:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 14:00.
Parking (Main Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- Exact money only to gain entry into the park. Contactless payment is accepted when the Gatehouse is staffed. The machine does not give change. Entry fee to the park will be £4.50 after 31 March 2021.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a designated parking area with space for 3 cars.
Outside Access (Cafe-Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Restaurant Bar Internal (Cafe and Campsite Shop)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- All chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 1m (3ft 3in) from the cafe/shop entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is main meals and snacks.
- The cafe also acts as the park shop.
- There is not level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Level Change (Park)
- There are some easy and moderate slopes located throughout the park.
- The majority of paths in the park are surfaced.
- There are four lakes in the park, Snipe Pool, Glebe Lake, Heron Water and Otter Pool.
- There are accessible fishing platforms on Glebe Lake, near the rally field campsite.
- Cars can be parked near the fishing platforms.
- There are 3 areas of the park available for camping.
- There is the Touring field and campsite and the small and large field & campsite.
- There are standard toilet and shower facilities available next to the touring field and campsite.
- Cars can be parked next to pitches.
Accessible Toilet (Toilet Block)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located in the toilet block next to the cafe.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from either the café or Gatehouse.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 198cm x 340cm (6ft 6in x 11ft 2in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 125cm (4ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located at the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Standard Toilet(s) (Toilet Block)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located next to the cafe/shop.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located at the entrance to both the male and female toilet.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.