- Services / facilities within the grounds include Cafe, shop, four lakes, play area, campsite, conversation area and picnic area.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Emberton.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Milton Keynes Central.
Opening Times (Gatehouse - 1st April to 31st October)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
Opening Times (Gatehouse - 1st November to 31st march)
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday Closed.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday 10:00 - 14:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 14:00.
Parking (Main Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Cafe-Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Restaurant Bar Internal (Cafe and Campsite Shop)
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- All chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 1m (3ft 3in) from the cafe/shop entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is main meals and snacks.
- The cafe also acts as the park shop.
- There is not level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Level Change (Park)
- There are some easy and moderate slopes located throughout the park.
- The majority of paths in the park are surfaced.
- There are four lakes in the park, Snipe Pool, Glebe Lake, Heron Water and Otter Pool.
- There are accessible fishing platforms on Glebe Lake, near the rally field campsite.
- Cars can be parked near the fishing platforms.
- There are 3 areas of the park available for camping.
- There is the Touring field and campsite and the small and large field & campsite.
- There are standard toilet and shower facilities available next to the touring field and campsite.
- Cars can be parked next to pitches.
Accessible Toilet (Toilet Block)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located in the toilet block next to the cafe.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from either the café or Gatehouse.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 198cm x 340cm (6ft 6in x 11ft 2in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 125cm (4ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located at the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Standard Toilet(s) (Toilet Block)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located next to the cafe/shop.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located at the entrance to both the male and female toilet.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.