Show Easy Read
- Related link The Centre MK.
- Please see the Centre MK Detailed Access Guide for centre access and parking details.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Milton Keynes.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Milton Keynes Central.
- Monday 05:00 - 22:00.
- Tuesday 05:00 - 22:00.
- Wednesday 05:00 - 22:00.
- Thursday 05:00 - 22:00.
- Friday 05:00 - 22:00.
- Saturday 05:00 - 22:00.
- Sunday 05:00 - 19:00.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 57cm (1ft 10in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are not clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is fast food.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are additional seating and the standard toilets.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is Braille, tactile and pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 177cm x 200cm (5ft 10in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 100cm (3ft 3in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the first floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Food & drink can be ordered at the kiosk & brought to the table.