- Services / facilities within the building include Management offices, CAMHS, HR, Psychology, A&A, CRT, CDAT, AOT, EIP.
Getting Here (Thorpe Coombe Site)
- Thorpe Coombe Site is located just off Shernhall Street and can be accessed by the North Circular Road.
- Thorpe Coombe Site has its own car park for visitors and staff with 3 Blue Badge bays.
- The nearest bus stop is located on Shernhall Street with bus 212.
- The nearest train station is Wood Street.
- The nearest underground station is Walthamstow Central.
- This link is to the home website of TFL, operators of the bus and underground services close to Thorpe Coombe Site.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- This link is to the home website of Networkrail, operators of Wood Street train station.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital.
- Documents are available in an alternative format and can be provided to include: Braille on request, large print on request, Makaton on request and different languages on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area on the hospital site.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available on request.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does have a barrier control system.
- Controls at the barrier are within the range of 100cm to 110cm.
- The barrier controls/touchscreen can be reached from the car.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 3 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 389cm x 510cm (12ft 9in x 16ft 9in).
- There is a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are not parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and concrete tiles.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated bay is 10m from the Larkwood Centre main entrance.
- The nearest designated bay is 4m from the Child And Family Consultation Service main entrance.
- The nearest designated bay 22m from the Thorpe Coombe House main entrance.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 88cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the ground floor.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and vinyl.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in most corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- The reception point is located to the right on entering.
- The reception point is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are not windows, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The reception counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The height of the reception counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the low section of the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low section of the desk.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Signs and universally accepted symbols or pictograms, indicating lifts, stairs, WCs, circulation routes and other parts of the building are not provided in the reception area.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- There is a mixture of seating with and without armrests.
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The accessible toilet surveyed is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is located on the ground floor.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 167cm x 224cm (5ft 6in x 7ft 4in).
- The accessible toilet does not have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- The toilet has a non-slip floor.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 109cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a vertical wall-mounted grab rail on the transfer side.
- There is no flush.
- There is a spatula type lever flush.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the toilet.
- There is a/are female sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilet.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- There is a/are wall-mounted grab rail(s) available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- There are vertical wall-mounted grab rails on both sides of the wash basin.
- There is a horizontal wall-mounted grab rail on the opposite side of the seat to the transfer space.
- There is not a colostomy changing shelf for standing users next to the toilet.
- There is not a standard shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- The mirror is placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The toilet has a cistern.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 104cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 114cm.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 114cm (3ft 9in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Lighting levels are at least 100 lux at floor level.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.