Show Easy Read
Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The July Course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. You are advised to book a wheelchair in advance with the Customer Relation department to guarantee use of this service.
- Temporary induction loops can also be provided. The induction loop provided is a neck loop (which is used in conjunction with a hearing aid) or earphones to use with the pack (if preferred please bring your own headphones to use with the pack). Please contact the Course Office for help with this service.
- Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the second exit at the roundabout, signposted The July Racecourse. The Sat Nav postcode is CB8 0XE.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all racedays between Newmarket town centre and Newmarket Racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journeys from the Racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and collect from the middle of the Annual Badge Holders car park, outside Premier Entrance 1 at the July Course.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- The Parade Ring is located to the right of the Head On Stand.
- There is step free access to the Parade Ring.
- The surface around the Parade Ring is grass.
- There are stools located around the edge of the Parade Ring.
- On the trackside of the Parade Ring there is a stepped viewing area with 1 to 3 steps from the front to the back.
Designated Seating Area(s) (Parade Ring)
- The name of the designated seating area is Parade Ring.
- There is step-free access to the designated seating area.
- The designated seating area(s) is/are clearly signed.
- The view from the seating area is good.
- There is sufficient space for an assistance dog to rest.
- There is a dedicated steward to provide assistance.
- There is an accessible toilet close to the seating area.
- The designated viewing area for the Parade Ring is a sectioned off area on the corner of Parade Ring behind Stand 1 and next to the horse walk to the Winner’s Enclosure.
- The Winners Enclosure is located to the left of the Head On Stand.
- There is step free access to the Winners Enclosure.
- There surface around the Winners Enclosure is concrete.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located near to the Winners Enclosure.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located near to the Winners Enclosure.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around The July Course link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the July Course link (new tab) - click here.