Getting Help and Assistance
- For a map of The July Course please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There are three wheelchairs available for hire from the Course Office. You are advised to book a wheelchair in advance with the Customer Relation department to guarantee use of this service.
- Temporary induction loops can also be provided. The induction loop provided is a neck loop (which is used in conjunction with a hearing aid) or earphones to use with the pack (if preferred please bring your own headphones to use with the pack). Please contact the Course Office for help with this service.
- Merge onto the A11 at junction 9, signposted Newmarket and Norwich. After 10 miles branch left and merge onto the A1304, signposted Newmarket. After 5 miles take the second exit at the roundabout, signposted The July Racecourse. The Sat Nav postcode is CB8 0XE.
- The nearest Railway Station is Newmarket.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service runs on all racedays between Newmarket town centre and Newmarket Racecourse. Starting approximately 2 hours before the first race the service picks up outside Hughes Electrical Store on the High Street and at the train station. The return journeys from the Racecourse commence around 45 minutes before the last race and continue for up to 2 hours. The bus will drop off at the train station and at the bus stop on The Avenue (just off the High Street). At the Racecourse the shuttle bus service will drop off and collect from the middle of the Annual Badge Holders car park, outside Premier Entrance 1 at the July Course.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Outside Access (Adnams Southwold Bar)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the bar.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 320cm.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the ramp.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 3 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the step(s).
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- The doors fold open. The maximum width of the doors once fully open is 320cm.
Counter (Betting Counter - Adnams Southwold Bar)
- The counter is located to the left of the bar.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
Eating and Drinking (Adnams Southwold Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food and/or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food and/or drinks can be brought to the table.
- The height of the service counter is high (110cm+).
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The lowered section of the counter is not at the recommended height of 76cm.
- There is step-free access within the bar.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Background music varies according to the function/event.
- The type of flooring in this area is wood.
- Plastic/takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic/takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the male and female standard toilets in the Premier Enclosure.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Premier Enclosure.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around The July Course link (new tab) - click here.
- Betting Counters around the July Course link (new tab) - click here.