Show Easy Read
- Louth County Hospital is located north of the town centre on High Holme Road, off of the B1520 (Grimsby Road). It can be easily accessed from the A16 to the north and south of the town via the junctions with the B1520, or from the A16 to the west of the town via the B1200.
- There is 1 main car park at the rear of the hospital grounds. There is additional car parking in front of each separate building. Each of the car parking areas has Blue Badge Bays.
- There is no on site bus stop but buses do stop in High Holme Road adjacent to the hospital.
- There is no national rail station in Louth. The nearest national rail station is Grimsby Town.
- This is the maps and directions webpage for Louth County Hospital on the NHS Choices website.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Monday 08:30 - 09:00.
- Monday 11:00 - 13:00.
- Monday 13:30 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 09:00.
- Tuesday 11:00 - 13:00.
- Tuesday 13:30 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 09:00.
- Wednesday 11:00 - 13:00.
- Wednesday 13:30 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 09:00.
- Thursday 11:00 - 13:00.
- Thursday 13:30 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 09:00.
- Friday 11:00 - 13:00.
- Friday 13:30 - 14:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
- There is not an onsite bus stop.
- There is a/are clearly marked onsite drop-off point(s).
- The main drop off point is located to the left of the main hospital front left hand entrance and is within the car park. There is a second drop off point located in front of the main hospital front right hand entrance.
- The main drop off point is located in the car park to the front of the main hospital left hand entrance. (Photos 1 and 2). The nearest bay is approximately 10m from the main hospital left hand entrance. The route to the main hospital left hand entrance is tarmac and concrete paving. There is a dropped kerb on route. The second drop off point is approximately 10m from the main hospital right hand entrance. (Photos 3 and 4). To access the hospital involves crossing a road which is generally quiet. The road has a moderate slope. The road is tarmac. The drop off point is concrete.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked and signposted.
- There is/are 5 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 370cm x 596cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 7in).
- There is a 1200mm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are additional car parks for staff and visitors.
- Additional blue badge bays and standard bays are available outside of the Urgent Care Centre. There are additional blue badge bays in other areas throughout the hospital grounds including the entrance to the main hospital reception and community clinics at the front of the building.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the entrance to the car park and at the payment machines in the car park.
- Payment signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- To see the parking charges please click here (opens new tab).
- Payment machines are located at the front of the car park and at the rear of the car park.
- There is not a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and concrete.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 34m (37yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- There are normally 9 blue badge bays. At the time of this survey building work was being carried out on 4 of the bays and they were not in use.
- This information is for the entrance located to the left as you face the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 78cm.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located leading to the entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides going up.
Reception (Pharmacy Counter)
- The reception point is located ahead as you enter the venue.
- The reception point is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception point.
- There is not a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are windows, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The reception counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The height of the reception counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is obstructed.
- There is not sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- The seats do not have armrests.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in all corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does play background music in public areas.
- Music is played behind the pharmacy counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
Related Access Guides
- Louth County Hospital Community Clinic and Hospital Main Reception link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Main Hospital Building link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Outpatient Department link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Pathology Department link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Workhouse Diner link (new tab) - click here.