COVID-19 Information (NHS Property Services)
- Louth County Hospital is located north of the town centre on High Holme Road, off of the B1520 (Grimsby Road). It can be easily accessed from the A16 to the north and south of the town via the junctions with the B1520, or from the A16 to the west of the town via the B1200.
- There is 1 main car park at the rear of the hospital grounds. There is additional car parking in front of each separate building. Each of the car parking areas has Blue Badge Bays.
- There is no on site bus stop but buses do stop in High Holme Road adjacent to the hospital.
- There is no national rail station in Louth. The nearest national rail station is Grimsby Town.
- This is the maps and directions webpage for Louth County Hospital on the NHS Choices website.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Monday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Thursday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Friday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
- There is not an onsite bus stop.
- There is a/are clearly marked onsite drop-off point(s).
- The main drop off point is located to the left of the main hospital front left hand entrance and is within the car park. There is a second drop off point located in front of the main hospital front right hand entrance.
- The main drop off point is located in the car park to the front of the main hospital left hand entrance. (Photos 1 and 2). The nearest bay is approximately 10m from the main hospital left hand entrance. The route to the main hospital left hand entrance is tarmac and concrete paving. There is a dropped kerb on route. The second drop off point is approximately 10m from the main hospital right hand entrance. (Photos 3 and 4). To access the hospital involves crossing a road which is generally quiet. The road has a moderate slope. The road is tarmac. The drop off point is concrete.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car parking facilities are for Blue Badge holders only.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are signposted but have no markings.
- There is/are 3 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 320cm x 460cm (10ft 6in x 15ft 1in).
- There is not a 1200mm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are additional car parks for visitors.
- There is a main car park located at the rear of the hospital. There is parking available for staff and visitors in many areas within the venue outside of most of the hospital buildings.
- There are not parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This blue badge parking is for physiotherapy visitors only.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 91cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 91cm.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in some corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is consistent throughout the building.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- There is a/are waiting area(s) along the circulation route(s).
- There is a mixture of seating with and without armrests.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user in some of the waiting areas.
- There is not a/are not flashing fire alarm beacon(s) within the waiting area(s).
- Signs indicating the location of the stairs are not clearly visible from the entrance.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The height of the step(s) is between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is not between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- Handrails are not at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a landing.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor of the building are not provided on landings.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are staff areas only.
- These stairs lead to a staff area of the building and do not access any public areas.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located on the ground floor at the rear of the main corridor.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are low to moderate.
- Lighting levels are not at least 100 lux at floor level.
Related Access Guides
- Louth County Hospital Main Hospital Building link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Community Clinic and Hospital Main Reception link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Outpatient Department link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Pathology Department link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Pharmacy link (new tab) - click here.
- Louth County Hospital Workhouse Diner link (new tab) - click here.