COVID-19 Information (NHS Property Services)
- Victoria Hospital is located to the east of Deal town centre on London Road and Bowling Green Lane. There are two entrances to the hospital one for each of these roads. The hospital is accessed from the town centre via the Queens Street and London Road.
- There are three onsite car parks. The car park located in front of the main entrance of the building is accessed by Bowling Green Lane. This is the main car park for staff and visitors. Another area of parking is located in front of the Deal Mental Health Centre. There is also two blue badge bays located in front of the old main entrance off london road.
- There is not a bus stop on site, however there are bus stops on London Road and Bowling Green Lane within 150m of the main entrance or rear entrance. On London Road, adjacent to Victoria Hospital, the services that stop at this bus stop are the 14A, 80A, 80X, 541, 542, 544, The Diamond 13, The Diamond 13A and the The Diamond 13B. On Bowling Green Lane, adjacent to Bowling Green Lane Victoria Hospital, the service thats stops is the 85.
- The nearest station to the hospital is Deal. Victoria Hospital is 0.6 miles from the train station via London Road (4 min drive).
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located at the rear of the main hospital building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a/are not clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) markings are faded.
- There is/are 2 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 395cm x 480cm (12ft 12in x 15ft 9in).
- There is a 1200mm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are additional car parks for staff and visitors.
- There are two Blue Badge bays located either side of the old main entrance, they have dimensions of 580cm x 610cm. These bays also serve the minor injuries unit. There are two bays located outside of the Deal and Walmer Clinic with the dimensions 470cm x 460cm, they are 2m from the clinic entrance.
- There are not parking charges for the car park.
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 93cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There are corridors with a surface width of less than 120cm (excluding any permanent obstructions over a small distance).
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- There is flooring in corridors with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in all corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located to the right as you enter and then at the end of the corridor on the left.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are good.
- Lighting levels are at least 100 lux at floor level.