Show Easy Read
- St Mark's Hospital is located to the west of Maidenhead town centre on St Mark's Road. The hospital is accessed from the town centre via Castle Hill and Bath Road. There are two entrances to the hospital site. These are located on St Mark's Road and Courthouse Road.
- There are multiple areas of onsite car parking. The primary car park is located next to the outpatients building and is accessed via the Courthouse Road entrance. This is the main car park for staff and visitors. Small areas of alternative parking are located outside of the individual buildings.
- There is not a bus stop on site, however there are two bus stops for the hospital site on Courthouse Road and St Mark's Road both within 50m of the hospital site. St Mark's Hospital Gate 1 (Stop C) situated on Courthouse Road, the services that stop at this bus stop are the 8, 16 and the 16A. St Mark's Hospital Gate 2 (Stop B) situated on St Mark's Road, the services that stop at this bus stop are the 4A, 16A, 238 and the 239.
- The nearest station to the hospital is Furze Platt. St Mark's Hospital is 1.1 miles from the train station via Harrow Lane (4 min drive).
- Monday 06:30 - 20:30.
- Tuesday 06:30 - 20:30.
- Wednesday 06:30 - 20:30.
- Thursday 06:30 - 20:30.
- Friday 06:30 - 20:30.
- Saturday 06:30 - 20:30.
- Sunday 06:30 - 20:30.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
- There is not an onsite bus stop.
- There is a/are clearly marked onsite drop-off point(s).
- There are two drop off points located on the hospital site. The first is located on the right of the access road as you enter the hospital site from Courthouse Road. The second is located in the main car parking area outside the Kiddies Cabin building.
- The drop off point on the access road is approximately 15m from the Little Acorn entrance and approximately 30m from the outpatient’s entrance. The drop off point has dropped kerbs at either end and gives step free access to the Little Acorn entrance, for access to the outpatients building users would have to continue along the access road as there is no dropped kerb located directly opposite the drop off point. The drop off point located in the main parking area is approximately 25m from the Kiddies Cabin building. The surface of both drop off points and the routes leading to the entrances are tarmac.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located at the side of the outpatients building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) markings are faded.
- There is/are 2 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 365cm x 680cm (11ft 12in x 22ft 4in).
- There is a 1200mm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are additional car parks for staff and visitors.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the payment machines in the car park.
- Payment signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located on the pathway next to the car park.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is not clearly visible from the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is clearly signposted.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and block paving.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 60m (65yd 1ft) from the outpatients entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located At the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 158cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located at each side and in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The reception point is located to the right as you enter.
- The reception point is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are windows, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The reception counter is not placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- The height of the reception counter is high (110cm+).
- There is not sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is a bell to attract attention.
- The bell is not at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- Signs and universally accepted symbols or pictograms, indicating lifts, stairs, WCs, circulation routes and other parts of the building are not provided in the reception area.
Reception Waiting Area
- There is a waiting area close to the reception point.
- Access to the waiting area is unobstructed.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area.
- There is a mixture of seating with and without armrests.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the building.
- There are doors in corridors which have to be opened manually.
- There are corridors with a surface width of less than 120cm (excluding any permanent obstructions over a small distance).
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet, vinyl and laminate.
- There is some flooring in corridors with a very shiny finish which could cause issues with glare or be perceived as slippery.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are provided in some corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all corridors.
- The lighting levels are low.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in some corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is not consistent throughout the building.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- There is a/are waiting area(s) along the circulation route(s).
- There are seats with armrests on both sides.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area(s).
- There is a/are flashing fire alarm beacon(s) within the waiting area(s).
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located straight ahead as you enter and then to the left.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 17m (18yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- There is a horizontal grab rail to the right of the seat.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are low.
- Lighting levels are not at least 100 lux at floor level.