Show Easy Read
- St Mark's Hospital is located to the west of Maidenhead town centre on St Mark's Road. The hospital is accessed from the town centre via Castle Hill and Bath Road. There are two entrances to the hospital site. These are located on St Mark's Road and Courthouse Road.
- There are multiple areas of onsite car parking. The primary car park is located next to the outpatients building and is accessed via the Courthouse Road entrance. This is the main car park for staff and visitors. Small areas of alternative parking are located outside of the individual buildings.
- There is not a bus stop on site, however there are two bus stops for the hospital site on Courthouse Road and St Mark's Road both within 50m of the hospital site. St Mark's Hospital Gate 1 (Stop C) situated on Courthouse Road, the services that stop at this bus stop are the 8, 16 and the 16A. St Mark's Hospital Gate 2 (Stop B) situated on St Mark's Road, the services that stop at this bus stop are the 4A, 16A, 238 and the 239.
- The nearest station to the hospital is Furze Platt. St Mark's Hospital is 1.1 miles from the train station via Harrow Lane (4 min drive).
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Bus Stop(s) and Drop-off Point(s)
- There is not an onsite bus stop.
- There is a/are clearly marked onsite drop-off point(s).
- There are two drop off points located on the hospital site. The first is located on the right of the access road as you enter the hospital site from Courthouse Road. The second is located in the main car parking area outside the Kiddies Cabin building.
- The drop off point on the access road is approximately 15m from the Little Acorn entrance and approximately 30m from the outpatient’s entrance. The drop off point has dropped kerbs at either end and gives step free access to the Little Acorn entrance, for access to the outpatients building users would have to continue along the access road as there is no dropped kerb located directly opposite the drop off point. The drop off point located in the main parking area is approximately 25m from the Kiddies Cabin building. The surface of both drop off points and the routes leading to the entrances are tarmac.
- The venue does have a dedicated car park.
- The car park is located at the side of the outpatients building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) markings are faded.
- There is/are 2 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 365cm x 680cm (11ft 12in x 22ft 4in).
- There is a 1200mm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are additional car parks for staff and visitors.
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment signs are located at the payment machines in the car park.
- Payment signs do make it clear if parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- Payment machines are located on the pathway next to the car park.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
Access from the Car Park
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The entrance is not clearly visible from the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is clearly signposted.
- The surface on the approach to the entrance is tarmac and block paving.
- There is no tactile paving on dropped kerbs between the car park and the entrance.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 60m (65yd 1ft) from the outpatients entrance.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 88cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Getting Around The Building
- There is step free access throughout the ground floor.
- There are corridors with a surface width of less than 120cm (excluding any permanent obstructions over a small distance).
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Lighting levels of at least 100 lux at floor level, were recorded in some corridors surveyed.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- This venue does not play background music in public areas.
- There is not a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- There is a/are waiting area(s) along the circulation route(s).
- The seats do not have armrests.
- There is not sufficient space for a wheelchair user to use the waiting area(s).
- There is not a/are not flashing fire alarm beacon(s) within the waiting area(s).
- Signs indicating the location of the stairs are not clearly visible from the entrance.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to exit the stairwell on the first floor.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The height of the step(s) is not between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is not between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- Handrails are not at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a landing.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor of the building are not provided on landings.
- The lighting levels are good.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located straight ahead as you enter and right at the end of the corridor.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- An ambulant toilet with wall mounted grab rails is not available.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilets.
- Lighting levels are good.
- Lighting levels are at least 100 lux at floor level.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the standard toilet.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- The baby change table is not set against the wall, permanently fixed at 75cm from the floor.
- The baby change table is not height adjustable.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 83cm (2ft 9in).