- Related link Excelsior Stadium - Football Centre.
- Related link Airdrieonians Football Club.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times and Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Drumgelloch.
- The stadium is located on Craigneuk Avenue, off the A73 Carlisle Road.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the stadium off Craigneuk Avenue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 9 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 352cm x 490cm (11ft 7in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 150m (164yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Hospitality and Conference Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 193cm (6ft 4in).
Level Change (Hospitality and Conference Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The desk/counter is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in the function rooms during events.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Excelsior Stadium and Football Centre have 6 different suites available for hire with fully licensed bar, accommodating guest numbers of 20 to 160.
- The Rowan Suite is located on the ground floor, to the left of the main entrance. This suite can accommodate around 160 guests.
- The President Suite is located on the ground floor, to the right of the main entrance. This suite can accommodate around 100 guests.
- The Sports Bar is located on the ground floor with alcove seating. This suite can accommodate around 20 guests.
- The Alistair Young Suite, Inver House Suite and Gleneagles Suite are all located on the first floor and overlook the pitch. These suites can accommodate between 40-60 guests.
- There are additional rooms including the Boardroom that are suitable for meetings. It is located on the second floor.
- There are toilet facilities adjacent to or within the function suites.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1 and 2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the first floor including the concourse.
- The main stairs for the stands and concourse are by a separate external entrance, turnstiles and staircases.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 2.
- The lift is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the Hospitality and Conference entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 81cm (2ft 8in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 140cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located within, or in the corridors to, the function suites. There are also accessible toilet facilities with a left hand transfer under the North Stand near Gate 2 for use during match days. Similar facilities may be found beneath the North, East and South stands.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 182cm x 303cm (5ft 12in x 9ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 114cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet outside the Rowan Suite.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- Please note there are no accessible toilet facilities on the second floor.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located in the Rowan Suite, to the left as you pass reception.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 35m (38yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There are similar standard toilet facilities within, or in the corridors to, the function suites.
- There are further facilities under the North Stand near Gate 2 for use during match days.
- Similar facilities may be found beneath the North, East and South stands.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located on the grass area at the rear of the main car park.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.