Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include self catering accommodation.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include a world heritage site, hotel, bar/restaurant and leisure and conference facilities.
- Related link New Lanark Mill Hotel.
- Related link New Lanark Visitor Centre.
- If you would like more information about this venue or what to do in Lanarkshire, go to www.visitlanarkshire.com.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Lanark.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located surrounding the adjacent hotel.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 380cm x 455cm (12ft 6in x 14ft 11in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 75m (82yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 95m (103yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located opposite the cottages to the rear of the hotel.
- There is closer standard parking towards the rear side of the hotel.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single (with a locked extension leaf).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- There are similar entrances to each of the cottages.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B and G.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are rooms.
- The Tourist Board rating is 4.
- There are 14 rooms in total.
- There are 0 standard ground floor rooms.
- There are 14 standard rooms on other floors.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some hotel rooms have no auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The hotel does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with guests in rooms.
Ground Floor Standard Rooms
- There are not standard rooms on the ground floor.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- There is not level access to standard rooms on other floors.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are 6 cottages with 2 bedrooms and 2 cottages with 1 bedroom.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in New Lanark Mill Hotel. Please see the access guide for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located to the right as you enter.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is a bath and overhead shower available in the standard toilet.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.