Show Easy Read
- Related link Cumbernauld Museum.
- The Library is located on the 3rd Floor of the town centre, on Allander Walk.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Cumbernauld.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- PARKING IS FREE FOR THREE HOURS ONLY.
- The car park is located off Tryst Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 9 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 375cm x 600cm (12ft 4in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 47m (51yd 1ft) from the car park lift.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 71m (77yd 1ft) from the car park lift.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- For more information on parking please visit the access guide for Cumbernauld Town Centre.
Lift (Car Park)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left of the car park.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 3.
- The lift is approximately 16m (17yd 1ft) from the library entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 101cm (3ft 4in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 138cm x 200cm (4ft 6in x 6ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Allander Walk, level 3.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- The desk/counter is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes JAWS.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large text keyboard, large rollerball mouse, height adjustable table and height adjustable chair is / are available.
- Equipment available for people with a visual impairment includes magnifying sheet.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located opposite the reception desk.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 240cm x 350cm (7ft 10in x 11ft 6in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on both sides.
- The lateral transfer space on the left is 175cm.
- The lateral transfer space on the right is 140cm.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There are grab rails both sides of the sink.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Home visits / services are available.