Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include the main hall with a dance floor, a sports hall, lower ground floor hall and meeting room.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Cumbernauld.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Red 1.
- The car park is located opposite the venue.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 135cm (4ft 5in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The desk is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played depending on events.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Level Change (The Link)
- There are two medium steps leading to the sports hall.
- There are 3 medium steps which are overcome by a steep ramp leading to an additional pool table in the recreation area next to the sports hall.
- There is a moderate slope on the lower ground floor leading to the Art Club room.
- There are 3 medium steps in the main hall leading down to the dance floor.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG-G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are the lower ground floor hall and rooms, lower ground floor standard toilets and first floor balcony.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located along the ground floor corridor.
- The female and male toilets are 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.