Introduction (Conditions of Use of Site)
- Customers will be asked to assist in the recycling of their material by placing each material in the appropriate designated skip or container.
- Recycling attendants will be on site to provide any assistance required.
- All vans, pick-up vehicles and any vehicle with a large trailer must pre-book their visit to the recycling centre. 48 hours notice is required.
- Only household waste can be disposed of (no commercial waste)
- Waste must be segregated for recycling where possible.
- No hazardous material such as tyres, asbestos or liquid paint can be disposed of at any recycling centre.
- Solidified paint or domestic sized paint tins with absorbent material (soil, sand etc) may be disposed of in general waste.
- No trade or commercial waste can be accepted at waste disposal and recycling centres.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Shotts.
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located to the left as you enter.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 493cm x 581cm (16ft 2in x 19ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the reception.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located in front of each of the signposted skips.
- At the drop of area on the upper level there are bollards at the edge of the parking.
Vehicle Entry and Exit
- The vehicle entrance and exit gate is located just off Foundry Road.
- There are barriers outside the office for entry and exit.
- During opening hours there is no height restriction barrier at the entrance.
- During busier periods, there may be a queue of vehicles into the Recycling Centre.
- Site staff may stop you at the gate to ensure the waste you are carrying has come from the household. Commercial waste is not accepted.
Outside Access (Office)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 81cm (2ft 8in).
Second set of doors
- There is a small raised threshold in the doorway.
- The desk/counter is 45m (49yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- There is not level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is low (76cm or lower).
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
Level Change (Office)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 135cm (4ft 5in).
Recycling Centre - Unloading
- The site is set out on two levels with a one way road going around the perimeter.
- There is a steep slope to the road at the change in level.
- At each level there is level access to the skip/container. However some customers may have difficulty lifting items into the individual skips or containers.
- Recycling attendants are available in the office to assist in this case.
- At the raised level there are alleys between skips to give ease of access. The width between barriers is 140cm.
- The height of the barriers around the skips is 110cm.
- The skips and containers are clearly labelled overhead as to which to use. These are as follows:-
- Low level - electrical appliances, televisions, clothing, textiles, shoes, fluorescent tubes and low energy bulbs, glass bottles and jars, food and drink cans, cardboard, bicycles, engine oil, car batteries.
- Raised level - scrap metal, timber, wood, MDF, chipboard, garden waste, building rubble, bricks, slabs, general household waste, electrical equipment.
Accessible Shower (Staff Facility)
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The accessible shower(s) surveyed is/are located in the staff accessible toilet.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower(s) include; an adjustable shower head and a flip down seat.
- The height of the seat is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- Other facilities available include; lockers.
Accessible Toilet (Staff Facility)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
- The accessible toilet cubicle was being used for storage at the time of the survey.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the office entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 238cm x 294cm (7ft 10in x 9ft 8in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.