Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include North Nottinghamshire College classrooms and staff offices, and The Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust.
- Related link Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust.
Opening Times (Term Time)
- Monday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 21:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Opening Times (Holiday Time)
- Monday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Retford.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Retford.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 141cm (4ft 8in) wide.
Level Change (Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located at the front of the building.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The scooter can be used in accessible areas of the building.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- There are 2 classrooms, one of which can be made into 2 smaller classrooms. Each classroom has access to the outside area via a door with a slight threshold.
- The Workshop (shown in photograph 2) is used for rural crafts and as a laboratory for field studies.
- Access to the outside area is via a heavy 85cm wide door which has a small threshold and an easy ramp in front of the door.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- The bar does serve food.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 8m (26ft 3in) from the the entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- There is a training kitchen located round the corner on your left as you enter the building. There are no height adjustable work surfaces and there is adequate floor space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 16m (17yd) from the entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on your left as you enter, round the corner and it is the first door you come to on your right.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 240cm x 164cm (7ft 10in x 5ft 5in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 96cm (3ft 2in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- The baby change facilities are located in the adapted toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 95cm (3ft 1in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located next to the adapted toilet.
- The female and male toilets are 16m (17yd) from the the entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The door to the cubicle on your far right opens outwards.
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The showers are located to the left of the standard male toilets.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower are an adjustable shower head, handrails and a flip down seat.
- The height of the seat is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- Other facilities available are shower screen and alarm.
- There is level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Plastic cups are available.