Show Easy Read
- The WRVS Shop is located in Area T.
- Monday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Thursday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Northampton.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Northampton.
Parking (Billing Road Entrance)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 5 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 300cm x 500cm (9ft 10in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 3m (9ft 10in) from the Billing Road entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 13m (14yd) from the Billing Road entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located outside the entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- Additional Parking Information:
- Parking is free for registered disabled Blue Badge holders in pay and display car parks and marked disabled bays, but not within barrier entry and exit car parks. The additional visitor car park areas at the hospital are as follows:
- Car Park 1 - Main car park for all wards and departments (Pay on foot - 200 spaces, no designated bays)
- Car Parks 3 and 4 - Parking for maternity, eye department, blood taking unit and outpatients (Pay and display - 100 spaces, including some designated bays)
- Car Park 5 - Parking for oncology and elderly medicine (Pay and display - 20 spaces, including some designated bays)
- Car Park 2 is for staff use only between 07:00 – 15:00 Mon-Fri, but available to visitors outside these times.
- Additional disabled parking spaces are located near to all major entrances to the hospital.
Outside Access (Billing Road Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the north of the hospital.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 157cm (5ft 2in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 138cm (4ft 6in) wide.
Level Change (Billing Road Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Outside Access (WRVS Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in Area T.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The nearest adapted facility is located in Area T.
- The nearest toilet facility is located in Area T.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Children are welcomed at the venue.