- The Health Based Place of Safety is primarily for the assessment of patients brought in by the police or social services.
- There is no access to this venue for the general public.
Getting Help and Assistance
- Documents are available in an alternative format and can be provided to include: Braille on request, large print on request and different languages on request.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Northampton.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 250cm x 500cm (8ft 2in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 23m (25yd 6in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the side of the hospital.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Route finding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the rear of the room.
- Unisex toilets are 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.