Show Easy Read
- The Yellow Entrance is located on South Road.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sherwood.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Bulwell.
Parking (Yellow Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 6 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 250cm x 480cm (8ft 2in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 46m (50yd 11in) from the yellow entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 51m (55yd 2ft) from the yellow entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Comments View
Outside Access (Yellow Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on South Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 143cm (4ft 8in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 161cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Yellow Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located on the path leading to the entrance and in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located leading to the entrance.
- There is/are 7 step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the right going up.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Wayfinding signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Waiting Room / Area
- The vending machine controls are within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
- There is not a children's play area.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead as you enter the building.
- The lift is 18m (20yd) from yellow entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 150cm x 235cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 9in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are not within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The controls are 120 - 135 cm in height.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the first floor.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 16m (17yd 1ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Disability awareness training is available for staff.
- The most commonly used documents can be produced in different formats on request.
- Different formats may include Braille, large print, different languages, voice recognition CD and audio.
- Staff will be happy to arrange for a British Sign Language communicator to be available. Please contact the clinic / service within a reasonable amount of time prior to your appointment to request this.
- Thebigword Interpreting Service provides interpreters for people receiving care from Nottingham University Hospitals.
- An interpreter can be booked either via hospital staff or by calling the agency direct on 0870 748 8000.
- Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu are the core languages covered.
- Also covered are :
- Bengali, Polish, Kurdish, Chinese, Farsi, Arabic, Turkish and Gujarati along with Mirpuri and Sylheti dialects.
- In core languages the Agency guarantees an interpreter within two hours.
- Other languages are also offered - please contact the Agency for advice.
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can provide advice and support for accessing these services.
- They can be contacted on 0800 052 1195 or by visiting the office in the South Corridor.
- Registered assistance dogs are generally welcomed in all areas although departments with high risk from infection, such as intensive care units, should be contacted in advance.
- The assistance dog spending area is located to the left of the Trust HQ building. Please click here to view the site map
- Switchboard staff are Type Talk aware.
- A textphone is available in the Outpatients Department.
- Help with luggage is available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available in the hospital include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, bath hoists, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is no charge for mobility aids.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a nurse/doctor.
- There is not a mobility scooter charging point at the hospital.
- Portable hearing loop systems are not available at the hospital.
- Children are generally welcomed in most departments but should be accompanied by an adult.