Show Easy Read
- This route is from the campus reception to the Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station.
- This route is via the A487 and the TrawsCymru T2 bus service, additional bus services are the X28 and the 512.
- This route is approximately 1.2km and takes approximately 5 minutes to complete by bus.
- The main hazards on this route are uncontrolled road crossings, steep gradients and congested pavement areas.
Campus Reception to University Bus Stop
- Exit the Campus Reception to the right and head out of the campus.
- The pavement has an even, level, tarmac surface.
- The pavement takes a slight gradient as you approach the A487 road.
- As you reach the A487 turn left to cross the university entrance road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides with a level central island with tactile paving.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 4, 5 and 6.
- Head straight down the hill along the pavement.
- The path has an even, tarmac surface with a steep gradient.
- The university bus stop is approximately 30m along the pavement on the left.
- This is a sheltered bus stop with access points, 95cm wide at each end and bench seating inside.
- The bus stop is shown in photographs 8, 9 and 10.
- This bus stop provides access to the Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station via the TrawsCymru T2 service.
Aberystwyth Bus and Train Station
- Aberystwyth Bus Station consists of 7 bus stands.
- Bus Stands 1, 2, 3 and 4 are located on central island stands in the middle of the bus station area.
- Bus Stands 5 and 6 are located on the shopping centre side of road.
- Bus Stand 7 is located on the far side of the road, in front of the job centre.
- The bus stands, as shown in photograph 5, are sheltered with bench seating.
- There is a dropped kerb and tactile paving to reach all the central island bus stands as shown in photographs 2 and 4.
- Bus stand 7 can be accessed via the traffic light controlled crossing in front of the train station or the zebra crossing at the far right of the bus station, as shown in photograph 3.
- The bus and train station area has even and level flagstone paving.