Show Easy Read
- This is a route from the Campus Reception Building to the Physical Sciences Building.
- This route is via university access roads and passes the Llandinam Building.
- This route is approximately 300m long and should take approximately 5 minutes to complete on foot.
- The main hazards on this route are uncontrolled road crossings and building works.
Campus Reception to Llandinam Building
- Exit the Campus Reception to the left.
- After approximately 20m cross the main campus entrance road.
- This crossing is a split level zebra crossing with a central island.
- There is tactile paving on both sides of the crossing and on the level central island.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 2, 3 and 4.
- After crossing turn left.
- This area of pavement has an even, tarmac surface with a slight gradient.
- Follow the path around to the right.
- The path drops down to a steep gradient around the corner.
- After approximately 25m turn left to cross the access road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 9, 10 and 11.
- After the crossing turn right and follow the path round to the left.
- This path is even with a tarmac surface and varies between level and slight gradients.
- After approximately 80m there is tactile paving on the right of the pavement which marks the stepped entrance to the Llandinam and Physical Science Building.
- This crossing is shown in photograph 14.
Llandinam Building to Physical Sciences
- Continue past the crossing.
- The path has a level, even tarmac surface.
- After approximately 60m follow the path around to the right.
- At the time of the survey construction work forces pedestrians on to road via 1 medium step, shown in photograph 5.
- Walk down the temporary pedestrian access on the road.
- This is an even tarmac surface with a steep gradient and is 58cm wide at its narrowest point.
- Exit the barriers to right after approximately 30m and continue down road on the outside of the barriers to the road crossing.
- This road crossing is raised from the road to create a level pedestrian crossing with tactile paving on both sides.
- When construction has been completed follow the path along the road for approximately 60m, this is an even tarmac path with a steep gradient.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 8 and 9.
- After crossing the road there are two bollards 130cm apart marking the edge of the pavement, shown in photograph 10.
- Continue directly down the Physical Sciences path to the Physical Sciences main entrance, shown in photographs 11 and 12.