- Services / facilities within the building include assessments for the loan of mobility aids and other equipment, first aid training courses for individuals and external organisations and refugee and crisis support.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Plymouth.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Parking (Staff car parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Please call in advance if you require parking.
- There are no marked bays in the car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 97cm (3ft 2in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The photos show one of the larger meeting rooms, the training room and the kitchen area.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the rear of the building, to the right as you enter.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 140cm (2ft 11in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Mobility Aid Loan Service
- There is an assessment room for the loan of mobility aids alongside a waiting area.
- The loans service is to the right hand side of the building.
- The seats in the waiting area do not have armrests but appropriate seating can be made available on request.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the building to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a lever twist.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 260cm x 140cm (8ft 6in x 4ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located at the rear of the building, to the right of the training room.
- The female and male toilets are 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- An ambulant toilet cubicle with wall mounted grab rails is available.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.