Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include student accommodation.
- There are several separate entrances available for access into the building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Plymouth.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Plymouth.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The car parking is a shared facility used by permit holders only for residents of all halls.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are 4 designated parking bays available in the car park.
Outside Access (Flat Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 86cm (2ft 10in) wide.
Level Change (Flat Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in the doorway.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is one flat available with structural alterations designed for use by a student with an assistance dog. The flat contains a secure outside spending area.
- Room K4 contains LED Flicker-Free Lighting fitted to the bedroom and all communal areas in the flat to assist with epilepsy.
- Self contained flat S301 has a contained dog Ssend area for sight impaired seeing dog.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.