Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include teaching rooms.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Plymouth.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Plymouth.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Building Parking (Mills Bakery)
- The building does not have its own dedicated parking.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and/or marked on street Blue Badge parking bays are available (within approximately 50m of the building).
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 610cm x 260cm (20ft x 8ft 6in).
- The on street Blue Badge parking bay(s) is/are located on Royal William Yard.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 610cm x 260cm (20ft x 8ft 6in).
- The on street standard parking bay(s) is/are located on Royal William Yard.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Please see the additional section on car park charging below.
Car Parking Charges
- Entrance into the Royal William Yard Harbour incurs a parking charge for all vehicles, including those dropping off passengers and not parking.
- As soon as a vehicle passes through the entrance gate (photographs 1 and 2) a charge is applied.
- The tariff is for up to 2 or up to 5 hours.
- Blue Badges must be displayed in the designated accessible spaces with a payment ticket.
- The payment machines (photographs 3 and 4) require input of the registration number ( the keypad is 115cm from the ground) and payment by card (keypad is 120cm from the ground or contactless at 135cm) or coins (coin slot at 130cm from the ground).
- Payment can also be made online.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 172cm (5ft 8in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open both ways.
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 190cm (6ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 29m (31yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 104cm (3ft 5in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 112cm x 220cm (3ft 8in x 7ft 3in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located at the rear of the building.
- Unisex toilets are 30m (33yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.