- Services / facilities within the building include meeting rooms.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Plymouth.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Plymouth.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is on the lower ground floor.
- The car park type is multi storey.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 470cm x 690cm (15ft 5in x 22ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 10m (32ft 10in) from the lift.
- The furthest designated bay is 16m (17yd) from the lift.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in) wide.
- This entrance gives access to the first floor.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the second entrance lobby.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G,1,2.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the lift lobby on the ground floor.
- The lift is approximately 40m (43yd 2ft) from the site entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 102cm x 235cm (3ft 4in x 7ft 9in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The conference and teaching rooms are on level 2, which is below ground.
- level 1 is solely for staff use.
- The lift lobby and the stair lobby are separate buildings in the courtyard inside the site entrance.
- The nearest lobby to the road is the stairs and the lift lobby is 20m further into the site.
- The lobbies are shown in photographs 7 and 8.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located at the side of the building.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (32ft 10in) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 9m (29ft 6in) from the lift.
- The accessible toilet is located to the side of the lobby.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
- This is by lift.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 105cm x 200cm (3ft 5in x 6ft 7in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 64cm (2ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (0ft 4in) from floor).
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 150cm (4ft 11in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The sink is 76cm (2ft 6in) high.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Fire Exits and Refuge Points
- There is a Refuge Point adjacent to Lecture Theatre on the 1st floor with communications.
- There are fire exits points in Lecture Theatres and ground/first floor North and South.
- There is an Assembly Point available at the entrance to the underground car parking facing the Plymouth Art College.