- Related link Mile End Library.
- Related link Mathematical Sciences.
- The total distance is approximately 390m.
- Leave the library and turn left and travel for approximately 37m from the library exit.
- Cross the courtyard and use the path located there.
- The surface of the courtyard is block paving.
Turn left between G.O. Jones and the Queens Building
- Turn left along the tarmac/block paved thoroughfare.
- There is a slight downhill gradient towards Mile End Road.
- Towards the end of the thoroughfare there is a security barrier.
- There are also planters, separated by 250cm.
- Proceed along block paving towards Mile End Road.
Turn Right at Mile End Road
- Turn right and proceed ahead for 150m.
- Immediately on turning right there is a tarmac service road with tactile paving on either side (photograph 1).
- The surface of the path is block paving with some manhole covers.
- There is a slight downward gradient towards the road (photographs 2 and 3).
- Proceed for a further 35m to another service road (photograph 4).
- Continue along a slight downward gradient to Bancroft Road.
Cross Bancroft Road
- Cross Bancroft Road which has tactile paving on either side of the tarmac road.
- The road has a standard camber with a slight gradient.
Turn Right Down Bancroft Road
- Turn right, proceed along Bancroft Road for 45m.
- Cross a concrete service road with drop kerbs at either side (photograph 2).
Cross Service Road
- There are drop kerbs at either side of the service road.
- The surface of the road is concrete.
- There is a slight gradient heading towards the road.
Turn Left into the Maths Square
- After crossing the service road, turn left.
- Follow the path leading towards Maths Square entrance.
- There is a pedestrian entrance to the right of the vehicle entrance.
- The vehicle entrance is shown in photographs 2 and 3.
- The pedestrian entrance is shown in photographs 4 to 6.
- The pedestrian entrance width is 120cm.
- The pedestrian entrance is permanently held open.
- There is a slight left downward gradient on the uneven slope.
- Proceed into Maths Square (photograph 7).