- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There has been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- The majority of buildings have one way systems which are clearly marked on floors and walls.
- Some buildings have entry doors and exit doors with signage clearly displayed.
- Some buildings have an entry door and a separate exit door, all marked with floor signage.
- Hand sanitisers are available outside each teaching room.
- Mobile sanitising stations are located at; Main Site Tower, Peter Frogatt Centre, MBC, David Keir Building and Ashby Building.
- Teaching rooms have been allocated a maximum number of occupants which is marked on the doors.
- Signage around social distancing has been introduced across all buildings.
- All main reception desks now have Perspex screening.
- Lifts are still in action and can go up or down. Most have an occupancy of 1 person.
- Accessible toilets are still in use.
- Standard toilets are marked up with a maximum number of users allowed.
- Some shower cubicles have been closed off.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Location of Room(s)
- Naughton Gallery is/are located on the first floor of the Lanyon Building, up the central staircase, above the main foyer.
- To view the DisabledGo access guide for Lanyon Building please click here (new tab).
Entrance (Main Gallery Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor, above the main foyer.
- There is step free access at this entrance, via lift.
- The card reader/lock is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 158cm (5ft 2in).
Reception (Gallery Reception)
- Gallery reception is located just inside the main gallery entrance.
- The desk is 2m (2yd 7in) from the gallery entrance.
- The reception area is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to this reception area.
- The lighting levels in the reception area are bright.
- The reception desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- There is not a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- The desk is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is directional signage leading to the Naughton Gallery.
- The corridor outside the room is over 150cm.
- There is step fee access into the Naughton Gallery.
- The entrance door has a width of over 75cm.
- The door is not push pad activated.
- There is step free access to the speakers area at the front of the Naughton Gallery.
- There is a hearing loop within the Naughton Gallery.
- There is a flashing fire alarm beacon within the Naughton Gallery.
- There is no fixed furniture within the Naughton Gallery.
- The height of the tables in the Naughton Gallery are 70cm high.
- There are no height adjustable tables.
- There are chairs with armrests on both sides within the Great Hall.
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair to manoeuvre within the Naughton Gallery.
- There are no floor coverings with trip hazards within the Naughton Gallery.