- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- Outside of lockdown, times vary in different areas across Resorts World. Opening times are subject to change due to changing COVID-19 restrictions.
- Some brands within Resorts World have also had to alter opening times from time to time due to staff availability. For the latest opening hours please click here.
- There are no changes to the Blue Badge parking arrangements or the entrance to the building.
- An external queuing system is in place at busy times managed by security guards. Signs clearly ask guests to keep a safe social distance and floor markers are in place help to stay 2m apart.
- Guests can enter and exit the building at the usual points. However, there is a one-way system in place so at each of these points certain doors are dedicated to entering and other doors to exiting. These are clearly marked.
- There is at least one additional member of security or staff at the entrance during busy times.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the entrances, exits and throughout the centre.
- There are changing capacity numbers depending on what is open, this is to ensure social distancing.
- A clearly marked one-way system is in place throughout the building to assist with social distancing and signage on digital screens is used to remind guests to follow the one-way system and keep a safe social distance.
- The following signage is in place; arrows on the floor to indicate one-way system, markers on the floor to indicate where to queue outside individual shops and posters and digital screens to remind people to remain at a safe social distance.
- Protective screens have been introduced for the Guest Services reception (in the Atrium), Genting Hotel reception and individual shops.
- The lifts around the building have clearly marked maximum capacities but are still operational both up and down.
- Toilet facilities are open throughout the building (other than the toilets inside Cineworld which is temporarily closed), but cubicle numbers are restricted to allow for social distancing.
- The changing rooms are available with capacity limits for spa guests to change in, but the showers are currently closed.
- All guests are required to wear facemasks and they are reminded of this by signage at the entrance and throughout the Resort, as well as by our security and guest facing teams.
- Track and trace is in use. All restaurants and leisure venues within Resorts World require guests to either give their details or sign in with the NHS track and trace QR code. Guests are also able to check in with the NHS track and trace QR code as they enter the building.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Resorts World Birmingham is located within the NEC Complex to the east of Birmingham, just 5 minutes from the M42 Junction 6, and the A45. From the M42 and A45 please follow the signs towards the NEC.
- There are 2 car parks available for Resorts World Birmingham: Multi-storey Car Park and Car Park South 2 Overflow Parking. The Multi-storey Car Park is located at the rear of Resorts World Birmingham. The entrance is located on South Car Park Road, off Pendigo Way. For directions to Resorts World Birmingham Multi-storey Car Park please use the postcode: B40 1NT.
- There is not a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The nearest bus stop is Birmingham International Station, approximately 950m from the venue.
- For more information on buses in the West Midlands please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Birmingham International.
- Resorts World Birmingham is approximately a 11 minute (0.5 miles) walk from Birmingham International station which connects you to all major cities in the UK.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- British Sign Language interpreters cannot be provided on request.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- The assistance dog toilet or toileting area is located on the grass areas surrounding the venue.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the guest services team.
- All mobility aids are available at the guest services desk, located on the ground floor of the building.
- There are two car parks located around Resorts World Birmingham.
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham – Multi-storey Car Park please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Car Park South 2 Overflow Parking please click here (opens in new tab).
Opening Times (Building)
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The main concourse of the building is open 24 hours a day.
- Some venues within the building have varying opening times.
Opening Times (Shopping Times)
- Monday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Sunday 11:00 - 17:00.
Ramp(s) or Slope(s) (Main Entrance Approach from NEC and Resorts World Arena)
- There is a ramp/slope located on the pathway leading from the NEC and Resorts World Arena to the main entrance.
- The ramp/slope is used to access The slope is used to access this entrance externally. There is level access via lift to this floor.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There are bollards at the bottom of the ramp.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 109cm.
Step(s) (Main Entrance Approach from NEC and Resorts World Arena)
- There is a/are step(s) located on the pathway leading from the NEC and Resorts World Arena to the main entrance.
- The step(s) is/are used to access The steps are used to access this entrance externally. There is level access via lift to this floor.
- There is/are 15+ step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) has/have tactile paving at the top and bottom.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the step(s).
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There are bollards at the top of the steps.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 96cm.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, facing the lake.
- The entrance area/door is not clearly signed.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm.
- There is step-free access throughout the lower ground floor.
- There are not doors in corridors/walkways which have to be opened manually.
- The type of flooring in corridors/walkways is tiles and carpet.
- There is some flooring in corridors/walkways which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- Handrails with a rounded or oval profile are not provided in corridors/walkways.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in the majority of corridors/walkways.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Access to other floors/levels is via escalator and lift.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- The colour, design and typeface of signs is consistent throughout the building.
- This venue does play background music in public areas.
- Music is played throughout the public areas of the building.
- There is a hearing assistance system in the public areas of the building.
- The system is a portable loop.
- The portable hearing assistance loop is available from the guest services desk on the ground floor.
- Escalators can be used to access other floors.
- The escalator(s) is/are located in the atrium, at the front of the building.
- Signs indicating the location of the escalators are not available from the entrance.
- The escalators go both up and down.
- The floors which are accessible by escalator(s) are LG, G, 1 and 2.
- The escalator(s) steps are not clearly marked.
- The foot and head of the escalator(s) are not clearly marked.
- The lighting levels at the escalator(s) are good.
- The escalators are clearly visible from the main entrance on the lower ground floor only.
- The location of the escalators is clearly marked on the site plans located throughout the building.
Lift (Main Lift)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the atrium, at the front of the building.
- Signs indicating the location of the lift are not available from the entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- A member of staff does not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are LG, G, 1 and 2.
- Clear signs indicating the facilities on each floor are provided on lift lobby landings.
- There is a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- Lift doors do contrast visually with lift lobby walls.
- The external controls for the lift are not within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is good.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is good.
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 141cm x 200cm (4ft 8in x 6ft 7in).
- There are no separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is a list of floor services available within the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The internal controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
- There is a/are similar lift(s) available.
- The lift is clearly visible from the main entrance on the lower ground floor only.
- The location of the lift is clearly marked on the site plans located throughout the building.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located on the ground floor.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located on the ground floor.
Resorts World Birmingham
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Ground Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - First Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Second Floor please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Management Offices please click here (opens in new tab)
- For more information about Resorts World Birmingham - Toilet Facilities please click here (opens in new tab).