Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include a hall used for meetings and events.
- This centre is run by Kimberworth Park Community Partnership which is a registered charity. Its aim is to create a renewed sense of community and to address the needs of local people.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Rotherham Central.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 470cm (11ft 10in x 15ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This venue shares the car park with Park View Children's Centre.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 67cm (2ft 2in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 149cm (4ft 11in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 6 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 168cm x 200cm (5ft 6in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 96cm (3ft 2in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 56cm (1ft 10in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located at the rear of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.