Show Easy Read
- The following information describes the route from Rotherham Central Station to Rotherham Civic Theatre.
- The route takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
- The route is approximately 0.5 miles.
- The route leads through Central Road, Bridge Street, Bridgegate, College Street, Doncaster Gate and Catherine Street.
- The route surfaces are blocked paving and tarmac.
- There is some street signage along the route.
- Potential hazards along this route include busy crossings, narrow pathways, lamp posts in pathways and pedestrian areas turning into shared traffic areas.
- There are moderate and steep slopes along this route.
Starting Point - Rotherham Central Station
Central Road to Bridge Street
- Exit Rotherham Central Station via the main entrance and cross over Central Road.
- The crossing is level.
- The crossing is not marked.
- There is tactile paving on both sides of the crossing.
- Traffic could come from both directions.
- After crossing Central Road, turn to the left and follow the path round.
- This leads onto Bridge Street.
Bridge Street to Bridgegate
- After turning right onto Bridge Street continue straight ahead.
- The path here has an easy slope all the way along.
- The path along this section is a mixture of block paving and paving slabs.
- There are some signs outside some of the businesses along the path.
- There are drains at various points along the path that can cause uneven surfaces.
Bridgegate to College Street
- At the top of Bridgegate turn left onto All Saints Square.
- This is a pedestrian area; however there may be delivery vehicles in the area.
- There are some benches along this section of the route.
- Continue ahead across All Saints Square.
- There are bollards along the square.
- The width varies between the bollards however most have widths of approximately 120-130cm.
- Continue past the bollards following the square around to the right.
- You will come to a junction with Effingham Street.
- Continue along All Saints Square (heading to the right).
- This leads to College Street.
College Street to Doncaster Gate
- Once on College Street continue ahead.
- The surface is block paving.
- After approximately 30m stay on the left side of College Street.
- There is a path on the left hand side of College Street.
- Continue along this path, you will come to a junction with Doncaster Gate.
- Turn left at Doncaster Gate.
Doncaster Gate to Catherine Street
- Continue along Doncaster Gate on a moderate slope.
- After approximately 5m you will come to a crossing.
- You do not need to use this crossing however it does cause a slope in the path from left to right.
- Continue ahead on Doncaster Gate.
- After approximately 15m you will come to a junction with Howard Street.
- This junction can be busy.
- Traffic at this junction comes from both the left and the right.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs.
- Once across Howard Street continue straight ahead.
- After approximately 15m you will come to a junction with Percy Street.
- This crossing has dropped kerbs and tactile paving.
- This is not a marked crossing.
- Traffic comes from the left.
- Once across Percy Street continue ahead along Doncaster Gate.
- The path along this section can be narrow at times due to lamp posts on the pavement.
- The gaps can narrow the pavement to 85cm.
- The pavement along this section is tarmac.
- Continue for approximately 150m.
- You will come to a junction with Catherine Street.
- Turn left onto Catherine Street.
Catherine Street to Rotherham Civic Theatre
- Once on Catherine Street continue ahead.
- The surface here is block paving.
- The entrance to Rotherham Civic Theatre will be on the left after approximately 20m.