- The following information describes the route from Rotherham Bus Interchange to the Civic Theatre.
- The approximate distance of this route is 800m.
- The route takes approximately 10-20 minutes.
- The route leads along Drummond Street to Wharncliffe Street, across Percy Road and down Catherine Street.
- The majority of paths along the route are concrete paving with moderate and steep gradients in places.
- There is public parking located above the bus interchange in the multi-storey car park.
- The potential hazards on this route include; busy roads, crossing points and congested pathways.
Starting Point - Rotherham Interchange
- Accessible toilets are available within the interchange.
- There is step free access along the interchange platforms.
- There is step free access when exiting the interchange.
- Car parking facilities are available with level access via a lift to the interchange.
- For more information about (Rotherham Interchange) please click here(opens in new tab).
Water Street to Drummond Street
- Exit the Interchange East - A10 Entrance and turn right.
- There is a crossing immediately in front of you.
- The crossing point consists of two road crossings.
- The first crossing is for buses exiting the Interchange and the second crossing is Water Street.
- At both crossing points traffic is coming from your right.
- The crossing points are level with tactile paving.
- Cross both crossings and carry on for 15m until you reach the crossing just before Effingham Square.
- The crossing is level and has tactile paving.
- Traffic is coming from the left.
- Cross at the crossing onto Effingham Square.
- Turn left and walk forward 15m this is Drummond Street.
Drummond Street to Wharncliffe Street
- Follow Drummond Street up the hill and to the right past the bench seating.
- The slope becomes a moderate gradient.
- After the line of bollards cross Henry Street.
- The crossing is level with tactile paving to both sides.
- Traffic is coming from both sides.
- Continue up Drummond Street for 25m past the indoor market on the right.
- The gradient becomes steep and the surface alternates between block paving and concrete paving.
- Cross over Eastwood Lane.
- The crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs to each side.
- Traffic is coming from the right.
- Once across Eastwood Lane, Drummond Street becomes Wharncliffe Street.
Wharncliffe Street to Percy Street
- Continue up Wharncliffe Street with the College on your right.
- The slope is moderate and the pavement surface changes to tarmac.
- Percy Street is at the top.
Percy Street to Catherine Street
- Cross Percy Street at the tactile paving then turn right so that the car park is on your left.
- Proceed along Percy Street until you reach Catherine Street.
- Cross Catherine Street at the dropped kerbs and tactile paving.
- Turn left down Catherine Street on a moderate gradient path.
Catherine Street to Rotherham Civic Theatre
- There are two side roads with dropped kerbs to cross before approaching the Civic Theatre main entrance towards the end of the street on the right.
Finishing Point - Rotherham Visitor Centre)
Finishing Point - Rotherham Civic Theatre